Pen & Public Seek Senior Designer and Design Intern
hosted ad page
Pen & Public Seek Senior Designer & Design Intern
Los Angeles, Ca
Pen&Public is an independent, design-driven, experiential marketing agency. Our diverse team consists of creative visionaries & skilled artisans who share a passion for creating memorable experiences. We work with design, technology & culture to bring consumers and brands together through events. We are based in Los Angeles, CA and execute globally. Please see penandpublic.co for more information.
Senior Designer (Experiential)
Seeking a detail-oriented, innovative, driven 2D + 3D Designer to execute event design projects for top brands (Snapchat, Fullscreen, Buzzfeed, Yelp, Amazon, GoPro, Samsung, Chipotle, Urban Decay). Design tasks include event concepts, presentation design of agency decks, print and digital graphics, floor plans (capacity calculations, flow diagrams), elevations, construction drawings, renderings, decor mood boards, rental sourcing, print and fabrication vendor management, material research and procurement, on-site installation oversight and styling, and other creative projects as assigned.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY: The Senior Designer must have skills in spatial planning, concept rendering, building materials and fabrication, file organization, printing, and familiarity with Google office tools.
- Sketchup and Vectorworks preferred (will consider proficiency in Rhino, 3D Max, etc.)
- Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- Google Drive, Docs, Slides and Sheets
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Understanding of experiential marketing and experience working in event teams (with producers and technical specialists) to execute 3D designs is required.
- 3-10 years designing and executing event, exhibit and experiential marketing projects
- Knowledge and passion for working in event teams and creating innovative solutions to complex problems.
To be considered you must submit your resume and a link to your design portfolio. *PLEASE NOTE: submissions without a resume and event / environmental / experiential design portfolio will not be considered.
Seeking a detail-oriented, well-versed, driven Design Intern to execute internal design projects and event designs for top brands (Snapchat, Fullscreen, Buzzfeed, Yelp, Amazon, GoPro, Samsung, Chipotle, Urban Decay). Design tasks may include agency capability deck updates, business cards, company newsletters, stationery, and other internal collateral. Project work for clients consists of design of presentation decks, digital graphics, small and large format signage, floor plans, renderings, mockups, sourcing of event props and tools, preparing print files, working with printers and fabricators, and other design tasks as assigned. This designer must be based in Los Angeles and able to work on-site in our new La Brea Ave. office.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY: The Design Intern must have skills in composition, color, typography, photo manipulation, file organization, printing techniques, and familiarity collaborating with teams.
- GRAPHIC DESIGN: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign)
- COLLABORATIVE DOCS: Google Drive, Docs, Slides and Sheets
- 3D MODELING: Some proficiency in Google Sketchup, AutoCAD, Vectorworks, or other 3D model skills a HUGE PLUS.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Understanding of experiential marketing and experience working with small and large format graphics for environmental applications is required.
- 1-3 years agency design experience.
- Understanding of basic marketing and social media principles.
- Knowledge and passion for working in a team and creating innovative solutions to complex problems.
To be considered you must submit your resume and a link to your design portfolio. *PLEASE NOTE: submissions without a resume and graphic design portfolio will not be considered.