JOB: Interior Design Assistant/Junior Designer
HOSTED AD PAGE
JOB: Interior Design Assistant/
Interior designers, specializing in high-end residential, commercial and construction/renovation seeking a sharp, organized design assistant. The candidate will work, along side Principals, on new and ongoing projects and internal business needs. This position is great for someone who is a quick learner and eager to grow alongside growing design practice. It is an excellent opportunity to learn every aspect of the interior design business and get "real world" experience working on a variety of projects and interfacing with clients, vendors & sub-contractors. In the end, the right person is passionate about interior design--eager and motivated to get hands on experience and learn about the day-to-day operations of a small firm. This person has a sense of humor, enjoys working at a fast pace and multi-tasking with a variety of different projects.
- An interior design background and knowledge (this can be as a result of education or work experience). • A minimum of one year with a design firm.
- Studio Webware--this is a MUST (knowledge of all areas except general ledger/bookkeeping are required).
- Ideally, prior work experience outside the field of interior design. . . If you started out in the entertainment industry, corporate world, or have a background in marketing--that's fantastic and we want to meet you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create proposals, purchase orders + invoices in Studio Webware + apply payments.
- Follow up with vendors on purchases, order acknowledgements + delivery dates. Maintain records of delivery dates in relation to a given project.
- General administrative duties: phones, filing, scans, opening trade accounts, communicating with bookkeeper, maintaining calendar, updating contacts, running errands as needed.
- Fabric & materials library: update + organize fabric + resource library- return fabrics to the PDC and surrounding areas.
- Scheduling, helping prepare for, attending client meetings + taking notes.
- Communicate with clients, vendors, subs and contractors.
- Coordinate and assist with on-site installations.
- Sourcing/shopping online and around Los Angeles: textiles, lighting, furniture, surface materials, accessories, vintage + antiques.
- Create presentations & vibe boards in physical and digital formats (ie, Adobe InDesign).
- Periodic coordination with social media manager & uploading of images/information to website and certain online platforms.
- Occasional inventory management in Studio Webware
- Light personal assistant work. This is only about 5-10% of the position, but will come up occasionally.
- Research as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
Attributes of the candidate we will hire:
- Self-starter who does not need hand holding and is eager to learn.
- Adept at problem solving, taking initiative and following through on pending issues without needing to be asked.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills (fluent in English), possessing the ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner with clients, vendors & sub contractors.
- Able to perform duties in a timely manner and prioritize items requiring urgent vs non-urgent attention. • Able to work independently, without constant supervision, but understands that there are times when supervision and guidance are appropriate.
- Ask questions. . . lots & lots of questions. We want someone who seeks clarification and doesn't assume. • Able and willing to wear the many hats required in the world of small business. Requirements:
- Tech savvy and proficient with Apple/Mac, Dropbox, Google Applications, Microsoft Word/Excel, etc.
- Comfortable with cloud-based task-management and calendaring.
- Tracking all time by client and activity type.
- Prior experience with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, + AutoCAD.
- SketchUp + Hand rendering/drawing is fantastic, but not required.
- 3 references, which will be verified prior to being offered a position.
- Valid drivers license, reliable vehicle and proof of insurance.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
This position is 32 hours per week with set hours/days, and the opportunity for additional hours depending on client load. Work will vary between remote/computer based and onsite from day-to-day and is at the sole discretion of the Principals. Compensation is $18-$25 per hour, depending on experience. Please submit your resume, in PDF format. Subject line of the email should read: Design Assistant
Send application emails to firstname.lastname@example.org